Reporting to Regional Agronomy Sales Manager, the Agronomy Advisor is an Exempt position.
The Agronomy Advisor is responsible for managing customer relationships. The position will develop a strategy to ensure positive relations are maintained with key account holders.
- Promote an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the mission and core values of Nexus Cooperative.
- Model behaviors that support Nexus mission and core values to be a trusted advisor to our customers and members.
- Hires and trains regional and local sales managers and staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of regional and local account representatives.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential and existing clients in the agronomy field.
- Identifies and locates new clients through a variety of methods including networking and cold calls.
- Develops and implements strategies for sales in an assigned region or industry.
- Applies knowledge of the field and product features to match products to the needs of clients.
- Answers inquiries from clients concerning products, their uses, and the industry at large.
- Provides information, quotes, credit terms, and other bid specifications to clients.
- Negotiates prices, terms of sales, and/or service agreements; prepares contracts and submits orders.
- Collaborates with purchasing departments, managers, and other staff to confirm that orders are processed with accuracy and efficiency and that products are distributed properly.
- Periodically prepares and reports results, status of accounts, and leads to manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field, OR
- Comparable record of sales leadership experience required.
- At least three years of sales experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds at times.
- The Employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.