- Promote an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the mission and core values of Nexus Cooperative.
- Model behaviors that support Nexus mission and core values to be a trusted advisor to our customers and members.
- Eager and willing to assist within other departments and within the team as a whole.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment for repair or transportation.
- Review and interpret engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to determine work procedures.
- Transfer equipment to the applicable site for maintenance to avoid safety hazards.-
- Work with a range of hand tools including measuring tools, welding, and brazing equipment.
- Maintain, repair, and overhaul machinery and vehicles, such as tractors, harvesters, and irrigation systems.
- Assemble and maintain feed mills and grain storage facilities, among other agricultural fixtures.
- Fit bearing, gears, and shafts, attach motors, couplers to precise tolerances on grain elevators/feed mills.
- Align and test equipment, make necessary adjustments to working condition, comprehensive and execution of metal fabrication.
- Erect steel bins and buildings throughout the facility.
- Fabricate new metal parts using drill presses, engine lathes, and other machine tools.
- Visit sites to assess potential problems or needs.
- Collaborate with team members when using the machines.
- Perform Predictive, operational, and safety procedures.
- Additional duties are assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience as a Millwright or similar job
- Completion of an accredited millwright certificate program preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of agricultural equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to stick weld in vertical and overhead positions as well as run a torch.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair broken or wore down mechanical parts.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Must be able to pass any pre-employment screenings.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stretch, kneel, squat, push/pull, climb, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives.
- May require work in areas where ear and/or eye protection is necessary.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.