Reporting to the Location Manager/Mill Manager, the Feed Truck Driver is a Non Exempt position.
The Feed Truck Driver will ensure the manufactured and packaged feed is loaded and delivered to customers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Promote an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the mission and core values of Nexus Cooperative.
- Model behaviors that support Nexus mission and core values to be a trusted advisor to our customers and members.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of feed products in an assigned territory.
- Observe safety guidelines in accordance with Company policy, federal & state safety rules.
- Follow designated delivery routes to minimize and reduce miles driven.
- Perform daily safety checks on all vehicles and equipment and properly document/report any safety hazards immediately.
- Utilize good customer service skills at all times, when servicing and greeting customers, and when working with co-workers and other departments within the company.
- Drives truck to deliver feed goods to customer.
- Schedule all maintenance with appropriate personnel.
- Keeps vehicle clean at all times in accordance with company image.
- Assist with other locations, as needed.
- Must be a team player.
- Work overtime as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- Three years or more experience
- Able to work unpredictable schedule
- Has or willing to obtain Class A CDL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all types of weather conditions including extreme cold and heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.